Anderson IB Curriculum Transfer Application Information
THE COMMON APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL CHOICE HAS CLOSED.
Curriculum Transfer Applicants
(For students who DO NOT live in the Anderson attendance zone. Anderson accepts out of district transfers)
Austin ISD has introduced the AISD School Choice Common Application to increase access and opportunities for all students.
Students who live outside of the Anderson attendance zone may apply for IB Curriculum transfers for the 22-23 school year as 8th, 9th, or 10th graders.
- Parents complete the AISD Common Application in the Parent Cloud by January 7, 2022
- Upload report cards and standardized test scores if not currently enrolled in AISD
- Request teacher recommendations via the Common Application
- Upload supplemental materials by January 14, 2022
- Students upload a work sample and reflective statement (something they are proud of!)
- Students answer 3 short answer reflection prompts exploring the learner profile
Austin ISD common is application available online: https://portal.austinisd.org
|January 7, 2022||AISD Common Application Submission Deadline|
|January 14, 2022||Deadline to upload supplement materials to Anderson IB|
|February 7, 2022||Admission Decision Letters Mailed/Emailed|
|February 14, 2022||Deadline for student's commitment agreements|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR IB CURRICULUM TRANSFERS:
- Students accepted into Anderson IB as curriculum transfer students are expected to attempt full IB Diploma studies in their Junior and Senior years.
- Students accepted must follow the Advanced/Honors curriculum as long as they are enrolled at Anderson. Students must remain enrolled in World Language studies until they fulfill the requirements of the IB Diploma program.
- There are exam fees associated with the IB program and families will be billed for these exams in the fall of the testing year. Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Currently, each exam costs $119.00, with a total cost of $714.00 for all six required exams.
- Transportation is not provided for Anderson IB Curriculum Transfers by AISD.
- If a student receives Special Education services, there may be a review by the Special Education Department to ensure that the student's needs can be met at this campus. Final acceptance is contingent upon this review.
- Acceptance into Anderson IB as a curriculum transfer supersedes any other transfer. An offer of acceptance to Anderson IB does not affect acceptances from other AISD programs. Students with multiple acceptances into multiple programs will be allowed to choose the program that best suits their needs. Acceptance by Anderson IB will supersede a general transfer, and the student will be expected to attempt full IB Diploma studies in their Junior and Senior years.
IB Coordinator Contact Information:
Anderson High School
8403 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78759