CTE Delivers Real-World Skills
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department at L. C. Anderson High School offers a broad, challenging, and exciting curriculum. CTE gives purpose to learning by emphasizing real-world skills and practical knowledge.
L.C. Anderson High School currently offers nine CTE Programs of Study. These selections are based on workplace, secondary, and higher-education advisement as well as local data and student interest. Programs of Study are designed to give parents and students coherent sequences of courses, industry-based certifications, and work-based learning to ensure students are prepared for in-demand, high-skill, high-wage careers in Texas.
Students enrolled in CTE Programs of Study can expect:
- To learn academic knowledge and technical skills needed to gain entry to high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand industries
- Challenging state academic standards
- Skills aligned with the needs of industries in the state, regional, and/or local economy
- Courses Progressing in specificity
- Attainment of a recognized postsecondary credential
- Hands-on learning combined with real-world scenarios
- Students often have the opportunity to participate in internships
- Engagement with mentors from our local business community
- Opportunities to compete in competitions
- Some courses earn college credit as well
Anderson Programs of Study offerings:
Design and Multimedia Arts
Film/AV Production/Digital Communications
The Austin Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX. The district does not discriminate on the basis age, color, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race, or gender in the educational programs and activities which it operates.