The Anderson Dress Standards were established because at L.C. Anderson High School we set high academic standards for all our students. We are extremely proud of our school and all the accomplishments made by students, faculty and staff. At Anderson High School we want our students’ personal appearance to reflect those high standards as well. The Dress Standards are designed to promote a safe and orderly climate that is conducive to learning. We want to thank our students, parents, and community for their support and cooperation in helping us to continue to make L.C. Anderson High School an outstanding high school!
The Anderson Administrative Staff reserves the right to make final determination concerning appropriateness of students’ attire.
Many details and styles of clothing cannot be covered in the dress standards. We hope that students and parents understand not only the “letter” but also the “spirit” of the dress standards and choose clothing that is appropriate for a student attending L.C. Anderson High School.
The following items of clothing are inappropriate:
- Improperly fit clothing; baggy pants, overly tight clothes, or clothes that expose body parts;
- Halter tops, tank tops, bare midriffs, low cut necklines, strapless or backless tops, spaghetti straps, sheer or see-through clothing;
- Skirts or shorts that are short enough to be distracting;
- Boxing shorts or athletic shorts worn outside of physical education;
- Undergarments, pajamas or other clothing not designed to be worn as an outer garment;
- Gang associated clothing or colors;
- Hats, caps, or any head covering worn on campus except parking lots and driveways (except for religious requirements);
- Clothing that contains writings or emblems that are obscene or that advertise, condone, depict or promote violence or the use of alcohol, tobacco or controlled substances.
NOTE: Flip flops, while very unsafe in wet weather, are still OK to wear.
NOTE: The "no headgear" rule will be enforced: No headgear of any kind are allowed except for religious reasons.