National Honor Society (NHS) Information
Sponsor: Marissa Volshteyn
Purpose: The purpose of this organization shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of Anderson High School.
For additional information please visit www.andersonnhs.com
National Honor Society Membership Requirements:
- Membership in the L.C. Anderson Chapter of the National Honor Society is an honor bestowed upon a student. Selection for membership is by the Faculty Council and is based on outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, and service. Once selected, NHS members have the responsibility to continue to demonstrate these qualities.
- Juniors and Seniors with a 3.5000 cumulative GPA are invited to apply for membership each Fall. Candidates become members when inducted at a special formal induction ceremony, held once each year during the Fall Semester.
- Candidates must have been in attendance at the school the equivalent of one semester.
- An NHS member who transfers to or from another school and brings a letter from the principal or chapter adviser to the new school adviser, indicating they were a NHS member in good standing, shall be accepted automatically as a member in the new school's chapter. Transfer members must meet the new chapter's standards within one semester in order to retain membership.
- Members who resign or are dismissed are never again eligible for membership or its benefits.
- All NHS members must maintain a 3.5000 cumulative GPA, fulfill volunteer service requirements, and maintain the high standards of leadership and character that were used as the basis for their selection. Seniors who maintain the required service points and GPA’s receive honors recognition at graduation by wearing a NHS medallion.
Announcements: 2021 NHS Request for Membership Forms will be made available in late September