Help Make Every Child’s Potential a Reality.
Who We Are
The Anderson PTSA (Parent-Teacher-Student-Association) is annually comprised of over 1000 parents, teachers, administrators, and students. In recent years, we have been recognized by the Texas PTA for our successful membership efforts and by the Austin Council of PTAs for parent education programming.
Anderson PTSA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality. We need your voice as members, as we serve as your liaisons at the school, district, community and state levels to help make the greatest impact in support of our students. We provide communication tools such as the www.andersononline.org website, online school and student directories, and the Trojan Times weekly e-newsletter.
Our PTSA meetings, held the second Tuesdays of most months, facilitate an ongoing dialogue between Principal Sammi Harrison, our committee chairs, community leaders, and those in attendance to discuss the latest happenings around campus.
We encourage you to visit this year’s PTSA Online Store to purchase your 2019-2020 PTSA memberships, register your family to be included in the school directory (available only online this year), purchase directory access, donate to the Trojan Excellence and Staff Appreciation Funds, and so much more. Paper copies of all forms will also available to be printed at home by clicking on PTSA forms under the PTSA tab at www.andersononline.org.
Along with our communication tools, the Anderson PTSA also provides a wide range of other services and programs including:
- Coordinating volunteers for the Counselors' Office, Attendance Office, Library, and Registrar's Office
- Overseeing Trojan Charge, Trojan Spirit Fest, and the Baccalaureate Ceremony
- Selling required English class novels
- Awarding scholarships to the graduating seniors (Seniors: To be eligible for PTSA scholarships, you and one parent/guardian must join by October 1st.)
- Representing parents on the District Advisory Council, Campus Advisory Council and Austin Council of PTAs
- Landscaping the campus
- Allowing the teachers to dream by granting dedicated funds for enrichment programs, supplemental course supplies & technology, and more through the Trojan Excellence Fund
- Hosting staff appreciation events and coordinating a Secret Pals program
- Providing parent education resources and programs to all families in the Anderson community.
- Sponsoring various RAD (Resisting Alcohol & Drugs) events for students
We're an active PTSA with many opportunities for your involvement! Please volunteer and join the PTSA team. Together we are making a difference for our kids and helping to shape our community.