Anderson High School PTSA – Legislative Watch
Texas 85th Legislative Session – Be informed and support Texas public schools
AISD Advocacy - The Austin ISD Board of Trustees adopted Legislative Priorities and Issues for the 85th Legislative Session that support: 1) reforming the state’s outdated and inadequate school finance system; 2) maintaining local control and reforming the state's accountability system; 3) supporting specialized programming such as Pre-K programs and mental health services.
ACPTA (Austin Council of PTAs) Advocacy -
Follow important public education advocacy opportunities at http://acptaadvocacy.org
- Make it Matter Mondays – ACPTA, in collaboration with AISD Trustee and Intergovernmental Relations Chair Julie Cowan, is launching
- Make it Matter Mondays beginning Jan. 23, 2107. These are quick and easy actions–including scripts and legislators’ contact info–to advocate for the education of your child and the children of Texas! View and take action at http://acptaadvocacy.org
- Join our new ACPTA Advocacy group, run by Arati Singh. Subscribe by joining the Google group at google.com/groups (search for ACPTA Advocacy) or email Arati at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get you registered.
- Join the REMIND group for timely advocacy announcements on critical issues delivered straight to your smart phone (TEXT @acpt to 81010 to join).
TAMSA (Texas Advocating for Meaningful Student Assessment) - Founded in 2011 as a statewide, grass roots organization of concerned parents that supports a more reasoned approach to student testing. We see what is happening in our children’s classroom: too much time spent on standardized tests; too little time left for instruction, exploring and creating. Our mission is to improve public education in Texas through the use of meaningful and effective student assessments that allow for more productive classroom instruction and more efficient use of public funds.
Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
- Texas for Strong Public Schools – Newly launched public schools advocacy website, explore at www.strongtexasschools.org
- Bringing together taxpayers, parents, teachers, school administrators, and other advocates dedicated to stopping vouchers and improving school funding.
- Dedicated to educating Texas lawmakers on the importance of protecting the valuable role public schools play in not only educating students, but in supporting our neighborhoods and local communities.
- Learn more about the funding challenges threatening schools and communities, share why their communities need strong public schools.
- Register to receive updates, and find out how to advocate for Texas public schools at http://texansforstrongpublicschools.org/register/.
- Learn more FACTS about what is happening with Texas public school funding and performance by visiting these websites: www.truthaboutschools.org
PTA Rally Day at the Capitol – February 27, 2017
Texas PTA Advocacy
Be prepared to VOTE. Make your VOICE be heard.