Announcements for Monday 05.23.2022
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, MAY 23, 2022
(New announcements are in Italics)
Happy Birthday Silvia Hernandez, Food Services Dept!
- REMINDER: Procedure change for Schedule change requests for the 2022-2023 school year. CHANGES will not be accepted after May 27that 11:59pm.
Please submit any requests prior to May 27th to the google form that has been set up on the Anderson website. The following is a direct link to the form: https://tinyurl.com/AHScoursechange (Links to an external site.)
- TODAY DURING LUNCH!! PEP RALLY CELEBRATION @ the Track
To Celebrate STATE WINS for Girls Lacrosse & Boys & Girls Golf Teams!
Come to the Track during lunch & help celebrate!!
- YEARBOOKS were delivered during Homeroom.
If you did not get yours, please stop by Ms. Sharpe’s room (Room 22) to pick yours up!
- SENIOR CAPS & GOWNS
Were also distributed. If you did not pick yours up, come by the Office ASAP.
- **Please note: TESTING SCHEDULE for May.
- SENIOR Finals, May 18th – 23rd **during regularly scheduled class.
May 23rd 3rd & 4th periods
- UNDERCLASSMEN Finals May 24th-27th 9:05a – 1:35p (2 finals/day)
1st final 9:05-11:15, 2nd 11:25-1:35p
May 24th, 5th & 6th periods
May 25th, 1st & 2nd periods
May 26th, 7th & 8th periods
May 27th, 3rd & 4th periods
Today on the Calendar MONDAY 05/23/2022
Senior Finals 3RD & 4TH Periods
@ 10:30am Senior Lip Dub
PEP RALLY for State Title Girls Lacrosse, Boys & Girls Golf Teams, Calhoon Field/Track
Dungeons & Dragons, Room 116
Swim Team Booster Club, 6:15-7:30p, Room 231
- GIRLS GOLF TEAM WINS STATE!! The AHS Girls Golf team claimed the 5A State Championship with a heart-stopping 1 shot win over Alamo Heights on the final hole. Down by 7 strokes with 9 holes to play, the Lady Trojans made up 8 shots to win the Title!!! Led by Farah O’Keefe-the Individual 5A Champion -- shooting 66-70=133 for a 2-day total0the Lady Trojans charged back wit h Farah making a dramatic birdie on the 18th hole.
Darrelyn Webster 77-72, Caroline Dasch 76-77, Sloan Panter 86-76 & Karime Nichols 94-89 all contributed to our team win. They matched the Boys feat of winning the 5A Title last week and marks the 1st time in AISD History that both the Boys & Girls team from the same school won the State Team Title & had the Individual Champion as well. Outstanding job, Trojans!! We are so proud of you!
Congratulations to our assistant coaches – Coach Pittsford & Coach Williamson for all their time and effort.
- Congratulations to the Trojan Varsity Baseball Team
The team went undefeated in District play and were named District 17-5A Champions. The Trojans won their first round of playoffs and also secured the Bi-District Championship, but fell in their final game in extra innings of the Area Championship to the College Station Cougars. Congratulations on a great season Trojans!
Congratulations to Aseel Rawashdeh for winning 3rd place in the Environmental Engineering category at the International Science & Engineering Fair last week in Atlanta. Way to go Aseel!!
Old News Still Pertinent/deadlines approaching:
- Twilight Credit Recovery Spring Semester (Virtual)
Credit Recovery Program for students to recover credit. Classes are online. Twilight will begin Monday January 10 – May 26,
Monday – Friday and selected Saturdays (TBD) from 5:30 – 7:00.
Please contact your counselor for credit recovery and Mrs. Collins/Mrs. Salas for attendance make-up.
Email Mrs. Collins at [email protected] if you have questions.
** SENIORS Please check this list regularly UPDATES will be posted here…. Mark your calendars!
- Caps & Gowns, come by the office if you didn’t pick yours up yet.
YEARBOOKS, were passed out during homeroom, go by Ms. Sharpe’s room (room 22) if you haven’t picked yours up yet.
- Senior Finals: Wednesday, May 18th thru Monday, May 23rd during regularly scheduled classes. Seniors are expected to be in class, in school for all classes during Senior Finals:, May 23rd 3rd & 4th period finals.
- Chromebook Return/Obligation List Clearance Deadline: May 24th
- Senior Walk’s: Wear your Cap & Gown
@ AVT Elementary Schools: Tuesday, May 24
Hill Elementary, Gather @ 7:30a, Walk @ 7:45a
Davis, Doss, Pillow & Summitt Elementary Gather @ 7:45, Walk @ 8:00a
Redeemer Lutheran: Tuesday May 24th, gather @ 10am, walk ~10:15am
Paragon Prep (note: new address: 5206 Balcones Dr.) gather @ 9am, walk @ 9:15am
No Senior Walks planned for:Hyde ParkSt. Theresa’sSt. Francis SchoolMagellan InternationalThe Senior walks will be followed by a photo op’s & light reception on campus@ Murchison: Wednesday, May 25thMurchison please arrive @ 8:10am, will gather, walk will start @ 8:20
Graduation Practice: Thursday, May 26th *Changed to 9:30a @ Anderson HS,Please report to your 7th period class, and then Senior’s will be directed to go to the Large Gym.
- Senior Field Day & Yearbook signing 9:30-11:30a, Calhoon Field/Cafeteria
- Graduation Friday June 3, 10am, Burger Center
Each graduate is encouraged to limit their party to eight (8) guests. It’s on the honor system, no tickets will be issued, and no one will be turned away. In addition, there will be livestream options and an overflow area on-site.
Graduation Attire: Your graduation attire will only include robe, cap, tassel and any official regalia you have been awarded by your campus. No decorated caps will be permitted, No additional graduation decorations will be permitted, including by not limited to heritage drapes, flower leis, money necklaces, mardi gras beads, oversized jewelry, flags, chains, etc. Religious accessories are permitted. This use of glitter, sill string, powder, beach balls, balloons, confetti, coins, air horns, etc. are strictly prohibited.
Clear Bag Policy: Please let your guests know that AISD has a Clear bag policy in effect for admittance to Burger Center during Graduation.
Approved bags must be clear and not exceed 12 in. (by 6 in. by 12 in.) or be a clear one-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag.
AISD Shuttle Bus: Anderson HS to Burger Activity Center 7 – 9:00am & running immediately following graduation approximately 2 hours(Graduates should be on shuttle no later than 8:00am)
- Project Graduation Party, June 3 11:15pm Check-in -5:30am
**Please note: DOORS CLOSE @ 12:30ano in/out, once in you’re in till 5:30am
- Student Council wants to share where our seniors will be going after they graduate! Fill out the Google Form to be featured on our Instagram @lcandersonstudentcouncil. Seniors will be featured each Friday! https://forms.gle/YwCRAgBvq8ZHUNF96