Announcements for Thursday 05.19.2022
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2022
(New announcements are in Italics)
Happy Birthday Daniel Pittsford, Math/Athletics, and Lauren Mraz, Dance!
- SENIOR WALKS – NEW INFO --
If you went to a private elementary and/or middle school…
Please read below for Senior walk info:
Redeemer Lutheran: Tuesday May 24th, gather @ 10am, walk ~10:15am
Paragon Prep (note: new address: 5206 Balcones Dr.) gather @ 9am, walk @ 9:15am
Hyde Park Stay tuned
St. Francis School Stay tuned
St. Theresa’s No Senior walks planned
Magellan International No Senior walks planned
Senior Field Day & Yearbook signing
Friday, May 27th 9:30-11:30a Calhoon Field/Cafeteria
REMINDER: Schedule change requests for the 2022-2023 school year will not be accepted after May 27that 11:59pm. You are welcome to submit any requests prior to May 27th to the google form that has been set up on the Anderson website. The following is a direct link to the form: https://tinyurl.com/AHScoursechange (Links to an external site.)
The SENIOR CAR PARADE is happening!WHEN: Saturday, May 21stStaging: 9-9:30am Anderson Parking LotParade begins 10am
All participants must be seated.
NO standing in the back of pick-up trucks OR sitting on roof of cars
(or sitting on the back of a convertible)
All traffic rules must be followed (ie: STOP at STOP signs, speed limits etc)
Parade route posted @ andersononline.org
- Students: We have ONE Saturday school session left before the year ends!!
Saturday, May 21st.
Hours are from 8am to 2pm, if you stay until TWO there is a BONUS in it for you.
Please bring your chrome book fully charged to use for the day. If you are planning to stay the whole day, please bring a snack or a light lunch with you. No delivered food will be allowed on campus
It is very important that you make efforts to recover these hours as they will affect your earned credits.
Seniors please come so we can help you get this cleared up!!! You do not need to sign up before, just show up! Meet at the flagpole at 8 sharp. Doors close at 8:10a.
- Anderson TENNIS Tryouts for 2022-2023 TODAY
May 19th from 4:45p – 6pAnderson Tennis Courts.
You must have a physical form on hand the first day of tryouts.
Log on to: https://andersonhigh.wixsite.com/trojantennis (Links to an external site.) to sign up to attend.
- YEARBOOKS were delivered FRIDAY during Homeroom.
If you did not get yours, please stop by Ms. Sharpe’s room (Room 22) to pick yours up!
- SENIOR CAPS & GOWNS
Were distributed on Friday. If you did not pick yours up, please come by the Office.
- H.O.P.E., is a student led club dedicated to Helping Out People Everywhere. Our goal is to help improve the living conditions of the homeless and help provide opportunities for them to succeed. By assembling and distributing care packages, we are able to improve the quality of their lives and participate in community service with our peers. If you would like to be a part of eliminating the growing issue of homelessness, please donate summer essentials like chapstick, sunscreen and hats. You can find our donation bin by the front of the school by the trophy cases. And we thank you again for your help making our world a better place.
- **Please note: TESTING SCHEDULE for May.
- SENIOR Finals, May 18th – 23rd **during regularly scheduled class.
- May 18th 1st & 2nd periods
- May 19th 5th & 6th periods
- May 20th 7th & 8th periods
- May 23rd 3rd & 4th periods
- UNDERCLASSMEN Finals May 24th-27th 9:05a – 1:35p (2 finals/day)
1st final 9:05-11:15, 2nd 11:25-1:35p
May 24th, 5th & 6th periods
May 25th, 1st & 2nd periods
May 26th, 7th & 8th periods
May 27th, 3rd & 4th periods
Today on the Calendar THURSDAY 05/19/2022
Senior Finals 5th & 6th Periods
FCA Meeting, Small Gym
GSA, Room 338
Tutoring Center, 4:35-6p, Library
Cheer Practice, 4:45-6p, Cafeteria
National Chinese Honor Society, 4:45-6p, Room 318
ASL Club, 4:45-5:15p, Room 140
FRC Robotics, 5p- 7:30p, ATC Room 409
Guitar Concert, 6:30p, Anderson Theater
- GIRLS GOLF TEAM WINS STATE!! The AHS Girls Golf team claimed the 5A State Championship with a heart-stopping 1 shot win over Alamo Heights on the final hole. Down by 7 strokes with 9 holes to play, the Lady Trojans made up 8 shots to win the Title!!! Led by Farah O’Keefe-the Individual 5A Champion -- shooting 66-70=133 for a 2-day total0the Lady Trojans charged back wit h Farah making a dramatic birdie on the 18th hole.
Darrelyn Webster 77-72, Caroline Dasch 76-77, Sloan Panter 86-76 & Karime Nichols 94-89 all contributed to our team win. They matched the Boys feat of winning the 5A Title last week and marks the 1st time in AISD History that both the Boys & Girls team from the same school won the State Team Title & had the Individual Champion as well. Outstanding job, Trojans!! We are so proud of you!
Congratulations to our assistant coaches – Coach Pittsford & Coach Williamson for all their time and effort.
- Congratulations to the Trojan Varsity Baseball Team
The team went undefeated in District play and were named District 17-5A Champions. The Trojans won their first round of playoffs and also secured the Bi-District Championship, but fell in their final game in extra innings of the Area Championship to the College Station Cougars. Congratulations on a great season Trojans!
- Congratulations to Aseel Rawashdeh for winning 3rd place in the Environmental Engineering category at the International Science & Engineering Fair last week in Atlanta. Way to go Aseel!!
- Trojan Athletics held the annual Athletics Awards Sunday and honored the following athletes for excellence on and off the field.
Trojan Heart Award (Demonstrating Tremendous Heart)
Quentin Couch, Track and Hannah Cukierman, Tennis
Matthew Scheberle, Boys Soccer and Sam Fulton, Girls Soccer
Excellence in Action (Exemplifying Outstanding Leadership in All Facets of School)
Stephen Campos, Cross Country/Track and Ellie Skalaban, Cross Country/Track
Cash Wiley, Boy’s Lacrosse and Cassie Vargas, Girl’s Basketball
Athlete of the Year (Demonstrating Outstanding accomplishments Athletically & Academically)
Liam Donohoe, Cross Country/Track and Jazlyn Villarreal, Cross Country/Track
Colin Page, Football and Reese Pham, Soccer/Track
Old News Still Pertinent/deadlines approaching:
- Twilight Credit Recovery Spring Semester (Virtual)
Credit Recovery Program for students to recover credit. Classes are online. Twilight will begin Monday January 10 – May 26, Monday – Friday and selected Saturdays (TBD) from 5:30 – 7:00.
Please contact your counselor for credit recovery and Mrs. Collins/Mrs. Salas for attendance make-up.
Email Mrs. Collins at [email protected] if you have questions.
- Remaining Spring Semester Saturday school dates:
Meet by the flagpoles 8a – 12p, Cafeteria
** SENIORS Please check this list regularly UPDATES will be posted here….
Mark your calendars!
- Caps & Gowns, were distributed Friday, come by the office if you didn’t pick yours up yet.
YEARBOOKS, were passed out during homeroom on Friday, go by Ms. Sharpe’s room (room 22) if you haven’t picked yours up yet.
- Senior Finals: Wednesday, May 18th thru Monday, May 23rd during regularly scheduled classes. Seniors are expected to be in class, in school for all classes during Senior Finals: May 18 1st & 2nd finals, May 19th 5th & 6th, May 20th, 7th & 8th, May 23rd 3rd & 4th period finals.
- Baccalaureate: Saturday, May 21st 3-5, Westover Church
(across the street from Anderson)
- Chromebook Return/Obligation List Clearance Deadline: May 24th
- **New INFO:
Senior Walk’s: Wear your Cap & Gown
@ AVT Elementary Schools: Tuesday, May 24
Hill Elementary, Gather @ 7:30a, Walk @ 7:45a
Davis, Doss, Pillow & Summitt Elementary Gather @ 7:45, Walk @ 8:00a
The Senior walks will be followed by a photo op’s & light reception on campus
@ Murchison: Wednesday, May 25th
Murchison please arrive @ 8:10am, will gather, walk will start @ 8:20
- Graduation Practice: Thursday, May 26th *Changed to 9:30a @ Anderson HS,
Please report to your 7th period class, and then Senior’s will be directed to go to the Large Gym.
Senior Field Day & Yearbook signing 9:30-11:30a, Calhoon Field/Cafeteria
- Graduation Friday June 3, 10am, Burger Center
- Each graduate is encouraged to limit their party to eight (8) guests. It’s on the honor system, no tickets will be issued, and no one will be turned away. In addition, there will be livestream options and an overflow area on-site.
- Graduation Attire: Your graduation attire will only include robe, cap, tassel and any official regalia you have been awarded by your campus. No decorated caps will be permitted, No additional graduation decorations will be permitted, including by not limited to heritage drapes, flower leis, money necklaces, mardi gras beads, oversized jewelry, flags, chains, etc. Religious accessories are permitted. This use of glitter, sill string, powder, beach balls, balloons, confetti, coins, air horns, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Clear Bag Policy: Please let your guests know that AISD has aClear bag policy in effect for admittance to Burger Center during Graduation.
Approved bags must be clear and not exceed 12 in. (by 6 in. by 12 in.) or be a clear one-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag.
- AISD Shuttle Bus: Anderson HS to Burger Activity Center 7 – 9:00am & running immediately following graduation approximately 2 hours
(Graduates should be on shuttle no later than 8:00am)
- Project Graduation Party, June 3 11:15pm Check-in -5:30am
- **Please note: DOORS CLOSE @ 12:30a
no in/out, once in you’re in till 5:30am
Student Council wants to share where our seniors will be going after they graduate! Fill out the Google Form to be featured on our Instagram @lcandersonstudentcouncil. Seniors will be featured each Friday! https://forms.gle/YwCRAgBvq8ZHUNF96