Announcements for Tuesday 05.10.22
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2022
(New announcements are in Italics)
- H.O.P.E., is a student led club dedicated to Helping Out People Everywhere. Our goal is to help improve the living conditions of the homeless and help provide opportunities for them to succeed. By assembling and distributing care packages, we are able to improve the quality of their lives and participate in community service with our peers. If you would like to be a part of eliminating the growing issue of homelessness, please donate summer essentials like chapstick, sunscreen and hats. You can find our donation bin by the front of the school by the trophy cases. And we thank you again for your help making our world a better place.
- Save the Date, TOMORROW!
Celebrate Sammi Harrison, as she retires after 46 years with Austin ISD!!
When: TOMORROW, Wednesday, May 11, 4:45 – 6:30p
Where: Anderson High School Cafeteria
- AHS Choir Presents: SING! THIS Thursday May 12th
What: Choir Concert: Sing!
When: Thursday, May 12 @ 7pm
Where: Anderson Theater
- Come enjoy our talented Trojan Choir for their Spring Concert & Senior Celebration! Choir alumni are invited to sing the last traditional song of the evening. A reception honoring the class of 2022 to follow.
- **Graduation Practice TIME CHANGE** 9:30 am!!
Thursday, May 26th, @ 9:30am @ Anderson HS.
- Please report to your 7th period class, and then Seniors will be directed to the large gym
- SENIORS, *DATE CHANGE* for Cap & Gown Distribution
Caps & Gowns will be distributed FRIDAY, May 13th, between 10:30 & 1:30 in the front foyer area by the Original LC Anderson Display. Make plans to stop by to pick yours up!
- Anderson TENNIS Tryouts for 2022-2023
May 18th & 19th from 4:45p – 6p
Anderson Tennis Courts.
You must have a physical form on hand the first day of tryouts.
Log on to: https://andersonhigh.wixsite.com/trojantennis to sign up to attend.
- **Please note: TESTING SCHEDULE for May.
- 2022 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams – May 2nd – 13th
- Morning Exams begin promptly at 8:00am Arrival time 7:45am
- Afternoon Exams begin promptly at 12:00 pm. Arrival time 11:45am
- If you arrive after the exam has started, you will not be allow4ed to enter and you will not receive a refund
- Afternoon exams occasionally end after the 4:35pm dismissal bell. Please arrange for transportation if you ride a school bus.
- More AP Exam Information is available here:
AP Exam locations are at the link below. Please check the location the night before your exam as locations are occasionally updated:
- SENIOR Finals, May 18th – 23rd **during regularly scheduled class.
- May 18th 1st & 2nd periods
- May 19th 5th & 6th periods
- May 20th 7th & 8th periods
- May 23rd 3rd & 4th periods
- UNDERCLASSMEN Finals May 24th-27th 9:05a – 1:35p (2 finals/day)
1st final 9:05-11:15, 2nd 11:25-1:35p
- May 24th, 5th & 6th periods
- May 25th, 1st & 2nd periods
- May 26th, 7th & 8th periods
- May 27th, 3rd & 4th periods
- AP Volunteer Opportunity – Your help is needed!!
Our students that are registered to take the Advanced Placement (AP) exams this year have been working very hard preparing for the exams. Your help is needed to make their testing environments positive. We need several volunteers to assist in proctoring the exams this year.
Please complete the Google Form linked below to see the times & days those students will be administered their exams. If you have a neighbor or a friend that is looking to give back to the Anderson community, this is a great opportunity.
If you have a student that is taking an exam this year you can still volunteer, but not for the subject area that your student is taking. Please see Ms. Williams for any questions or concerns that you may have. The best way to reach Ms. Williams is a [email protected].
Today on the Calendar TUESDAY 05/10/2022
AP & IB testing
Crochet Club meeting, Room 301
Helping Out People Everywhere, (HOPE), Room 229
Tutoring Center, 4:35-6p, Library
VEX Robotics, 5:00-7:30p, ATC Building Room 409
Before School tomorrow:
UIL Math Team, 8:15a, Room 229
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Anderson Girl’s Lacrosse team for capping off an UNDEFEATED season by winning the State Championship on Sunday!! This is the first ever State championship title for a girls team at LC Anderson High School! The team finished the season ranked number 1 in Texas and in the top 10 in the southern region. Congratulations Coach Ross and the entire team!! Be sure to follow them @andersongilrslax on Instagram for photos and videos from their historic season!
The TROJAN NATION is so PROUD of YOU!
- Anderson’s represented @ the National PTA Reflections!!
A big round of applause to Erin Williams for participating in Anderson’s PTSA Reflections Program last fall and representing the Austin Council PTA, and Texas PTA at the National PTA Reflections event. Her original interpretation of “I will change the world” received a National Award of Merit at the National PTA level & will be featured in the National PTA’s Virtual exhibition!
- We have STATE UIL Award winning Trojan Yearbook Staff!!!
Angie Lum, 1st place Academic Focused Spread
Megan Fleming 2nd place, Student Life Focused Spread
Sofia Kelly & Cate Dodson 3rd place Sports Focused Spread
Riley Raab 2nd place, People Section page, Blended Coverage
& Honorable Mention Feature Spread & Photo Portfolio
- Can’t wait to see their work? 2022 Yearbooks will be distributed to classrooms during homeroom Friday, May 13th.
- Congratulations to Varsity Trojan Baseball on winning the Bi-District Championship against Elgin HS on Saturday! Next up, College Station for the Area Championship Tournament! The series begins Thursday and continues through Saturday, May 12th – May 14th @7pm at Veterans Park in Weimer, Texas.
Old News Still Pertinent/deadlines approaching:
- YEARBOOKS ARE SOLD OUT!!
If you did not order your yearbook, might get a couple surplus from the publishing company so here is a waitlist we are planning to go from. You must have your cash or check (made out to Anderson High School) for $75 on distribution day in order to secure the extra copy. Yearbooks will be distributed FRIDAY, MAY 13th.
- Twilight Credit Recovery Spring Semester (Virtual)
Credit Recovery Program for students to recover credit. Classes are online. Twilight will begin Monday January 10 – May 26, Monday – Friday and selected Saturdays (TBD) from 5:30 – 7:00.
Please contact your counselor for credit recovery and Mrs. Collins/Mrs. Salas for attendance make-up.
Email Mrs. Collins at [email protected] if you have questions.
- Remaining Spring Semester Saturday school dates:
Meet by the flagpoles 8a – 12p, Library
May 7, 14 and 21
** SENIORS Please check this list regularly UPDATES will be posted here….
Mark your calendars!
- FRIDAY May 13th
Caps & Gowns, will be distributed between 10:30 and 1:30. In the front foyer alcove where the Original LC Anderson display is.
YEARBOOKS, will be passed out during homeroom on Friday the 13th of May.
- Senior Finals: Wednesday, May 18th thru Monday, May 23rd during regularly scheduled classes. Seniors are expected to be in class, in school for all classes during Senior Finals: May 18 1st & 2nd finals, May 19th 5th & 6th, May 20th, 7th & 8th, May 23rd 3rd & 4th period finals.
- Baccalaureate: Saturday, May 21st 3-5, Westover Church
(across the street from Anderson)
- Chromebook Return/Obligation List Clearance Deadline: May 24th
- **New INFO:
Senior Walk’s: Wear your Cap & Gown
@ AVT Elementary Schools: Tuesday, May 24
Hill Elementary, Gather @ 7:30a, Walk @ 7:45a
Davis, Doss, Pillow & Summitt Elementary Gather @ 7:45, Walk @ 8:00a
The Senior walks will be followed by a photo op’s & light reception on campus
@ Murchison: Wednesday, May 25th
Murchison please arrive @ 8:10am, will gather, walk will start @ 8:20
- Graduation Practice: Thursday, May 26th *Changed to 9:30a @ Anderson HS,
Please report to your 7th period class, and then Senior’s will be directed to go to the Large Gym.
- Graduation Friday June 3, 10am, Burger Center
- Each graduate is encouraged to limit their party to eight (8) guests. It’s on the honor system, no tickets will be issued, and no one will be turned away. In addition, there will be livestream options and an overflow area on-site.
- Graduation Attire: Your graduation attire will only include robe, cap, tassel and any official regalia you have been awarded by your campus. No decorated caps will be permitted, No additional graduation decorations will be permitted, including by not limited to heritage drapes, flower leis, money necklaces, mardi gras beads, oversized jewelry, flags, chains, etc. Religious accessories are permitted. This use of glitter, sill string, powder, beach balls, balloons, confetti, coins, air horns, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Clear Bag Policy: Please let your guests know that AISD has aClear bag policy in effect for admittance to Burger Center during Graduation.
Approved bags must be clear and not exceed 12 in. (by 6 in. by 12 in.) or be a clear one-gallon re-sealable plastic freezer storage bag.
- AISD Shuttle Bus: Anderson HS to Burger Activity Center 7 – 9:00am & running immediately following graduation approximately 2 hours
(Graduates should be on shuttle no later than 8:00am)
- Project Graduation Party, June 3 11:15pm Check-in -5:30am
- **Please note: DOORS CLOSE @ 12:30a
- no in/out, once in you’re in till 5:30am
Student Council wants to share where our seniors will be going after they graduate! Fill out the Google Form to be featured on our Instagram @lcandersonstudentcouncil. Seniors will be featured each Friday! https://forms.gle/YwCRAgBvq8ZHUNF96