Announcements for Thursday 05.05.22
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2022
Teacher, TA & Nurse Appreciation Week!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Happy Birthday to Jeffrey Cleveland, Band!
(New announcements are in Italics)
- SENIORS, *DATE CHANGE: Cap & Gown Distribution
Caps & Gowns will be distributed FRIDAY, May 13th, between 10:30 & 1:30 in the front foyer area by the Original LC Anderson Display. Make plans to stop by to pick yours up!
- Save the Date!
Celebrate Sammi Harrison, as she retires after 46 years with Austin ISD!!
When: Wednesday, May 11, 4:45 – 6:30p
Where: Anderson High School Cafeteria
- Speech & Debate Showcase!!
After a two year hiatus, The annual Speech & Debate Showcase presentation
is THIS Saturday May 7th, 7p Anderson Theater. Come enjoy the show!
- Anderson TENNIS Tryouts for 2022-2023
May 18th & 19th from 4:45p – 6p
Anderson Tennis Courts.
You must have a physical form on hand the first day of tryouts.
Log on to: https://andersonhigh.wixsite.com/trojantennis (Links to an external site.) to sign up to attend.
- **Please note: TESTING SCHEDULE for May.
End of Course (EOC) Tests for MAY 3rd-6th (THIS WEEK)
- Tuesday, May 3rd, Algebra 1
- Wednesday, May 4th, Biology and Make-up for Algebra 1
- Thursday, May 5th US History and Make-up for Biology
Thursday & Friday Testing Bell Schedule (Both B days)
5th period 9:05a – 11:15a
6th period 11:20a -- 1:30p
Lunch 1:30p – 2:15p
7th period 2:15p – 3:25p
8th period 3:30p – 4:35p
- Friday, May 6th, Make-up
Day of Testing Details:
- Report to your assigned testing site at 9:05am.
- Rosters will be posted on the first floor & on the second floor
- Bring your FULLY charged AISD Chromebook.
- See Ms. Counts PRIOR to testing day, if you do not have an AISD Chromebook
- 2022 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams – May 2nd – 13th
- Morning Exams begin promptly at 8:00am Arrival time 7:45am
- Afternoon Exams begin promptly at 12:00 pm. Arrival time 11:45am
- If you arrive after the exam has started, you will not be allow4ed to enter and you will not receive a refund
- Afternoon exams occasionally end after the 4:35pm dismissal bell. Please arrange for transportation if you ride a school bus.
- More AP Exam Information is available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fCCFSrb1mYFkv7jOFwweZw8G1-zlASwMvuroW0r3R0w/edit# (Links to an external site.)
- AP Exam locations are at the link below. Please check the location the night before your exam as locations are occasionally updated:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fCCFSrb1mYFkv7jOFwweZw8G1-zlASwMvuroW0r3R0w/edit?usp=sharing (Links to an external site.)
- SENIOR Finals, May 18th – 23rd **during regularly scheduled class.
- May 18th 1st & 2nd periods
- May 19th 5th & 6th periods
- May 20th 7th & 8th periods
- May 23rd 3rd & 4th periods
- UNDERCLASSMEN Finals May 24th-27th 9:05a – 1:35p (2 finals/day) 1st final 9:05-11:15, 2nd 11:25-1:35p
- May 24th, 5th & 6th periods
- May 25th, 1st & 2nd periods
- May 26th, 7th & 8th periods
- May 27th, 3rd & 4th periods
- ** SENIORS Please check this list regularly UPDATES will be posted here….
Mark your calendars!
- Thursday May 5th Caps & Gowns, will be distributed between 10:30 and 1:30. Additional details to be announced, stay tuned!
- Senior Finals: Wednesday, May 18th thru Monday, May 23rd during regularly scheduled classes. Seniors are expected to be in class, in school for all classes during Senior Finals: May 18 1st & 2nd finals, May 19th 5th & 6th, May 20th, 7th & 8th, May 23rd 3rd & 4th period finals.
- Baccalaureate: Saturday, May 21st 3-5, Westover Church
(across the street from Anderson)
- Chromebook Return/Obligation List Clearance Deadline: May 24th
- **New INFO:
Senior Walk’s: Wear your Cap & Gown
@ AVT Elementary Schools: Tuesday, May 24
Hill Elementary, Gather @ 7:30a, Walk @ 7:45a
Davis, Doss, & Summitt Elementary’s Gather @ 7:45, Walk @ 8:00a
Pillow, Gather @ 7:45a, Walk @ 8a
The Senior walks will be followed by a photo op’s & light reception on campus
@ Murchison: Wednesday, May 25th
Murchison please arrive @ 8:10am, will gather, walk will start @ 8:20
- Graduation Practice: Thursday, May 26th 1:30p @ Anderson HS
- Graduation Friday June 3, 10am, Burger Center
- Each graduate is encouraged to limit their party to eight (8) guests. No tickets will be issued, and no one will be turned away. In addition, there will be livestream options and an overflow area on-site.
- Graduation Details:
- Graduation Attire: Your graduation attire will only include robe, cap, tassel and any official regalia you have been awarded by your campus. No decorated caps will be permitted, No additional graduation decorations will be permitted, including by not limited to heritage drapes, flower leis, money necklaces, mardi gras beads, oversized jewelry, flags, chains, etc. Religious accessories are permitted. This use of glitter, sill string, powder, beach balls, balloons, confetti, coins, air horns, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Clear Bag Policy: Please let your guests know that AISD has aClear bag policy in effect for admittance to Burger Center during Graduation.
- AISD Shuttle Bus: Anderson HS to Burger Activity Center 7 – 9:00am & running immediately following graduation approximately 2 hours
(Graduates should be on shuttle no later than 8:00am)
- Project Graduation Party, June 3 11:15pm Check-in -5:30am
- **Please note: DOORS CLOSE @ 12:30a
- no in/out, once in you’re in till 5:30am
- Donation Drives:
- Hey Trojans! With summertime approaching, the Anderson PALS are collecting gently-used summer clothing for disadvantaged families in Austin! Look through your closets for any gently-used shirts, shorts, or tank tops and bring them to the bins located inside of the library. The drive ends May 11th! Reach out to Lauren Vicknair with any questions: [email protected]
- NHS is holding a Phone Drive!! Donate your old phones to be repurposed for those in need. Hundreds of thousands across America have no way to contact the emergency services we take for granted. This phone drive alleviates that basic necessity. Old phones that do not work can also be donated and will be recycled. The donation box is in the front office and will run thru the end of April. For NHS Juniors who need Spring Hours, one phone equals one hour, up to three hours. Bring in your old phones for charity.
- AP Volunteer Opportunity – Your help is needed!!
Our students that are registered to take the Advanced Placement (AP) exams this year have been working very hard preparing for the exams. Your help is needed to make their testing environments positive. We need several volunteers to assist in proctoring the exams this year.
Please complete the Google Form linked below to see the times & days those students will be administered their exams. If you have a neighbor or a friend that is looking to give back to the Anderson community, this is a great opportunity.
If you have a student that is taking an exam this year you can still volunteer, but not for the subject area that your student is taking. Please see Ms. Williams for any questions or concerns that you may have. The best way to reach Ms. Williams is a [email protected].
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeG9cBcRdyIUDGXdYOUzvjFFd9wR3S8FZTxBrXXTEWeluRBBA/viewform?usp=sf_link (Links to an external site.)
- Student Council wants to share where our seniors will be going after they graduate! Fill out the Google Form to be featured on our Instagram @lcandersonstudentcouncil. Seniors will be featured each Friday! https://forms.gle/YwCRAgBvq8ZHUNF96 (Links to an external site.)
- The Davis Elementary Alumni Scholarship
Deadline: May 6, 2022
Established to recognize former Davis students who have excelled in their academic endeavors, supported their community through various service projects and /or participated in extracurricular activities, and proven they possess the drive to further their education. By granting this Scholarship we encourage students to pursue their academic endeavors and hope to strengthen relationships between Davis * it’s Alumni. Davis Elementary shall offer one (1) $500.00 Scholarship.
Please click HERE (Links to an external site.) to find more information on the Davis Scholarship application.
Today on the Calendar THURSDAY 05/5/2022
Paper Bridges, Theater
FCA Meeting, Library
French Club, Room 308
GSA, Room 338
FRC Robotics, 5-7;30p, Room 409
Anime Club, 4:45-5:45, Room 247
ASL Club, ATC, Room 409
- Track & Field News! Last Friday, Trojan Track athletes competed at the Regional Meet in Humble, Texas. Please congratulate the following athletes:
Liam Donohoe, 3rd in 1600 M run
Jessica Weegar, 3rd in Pole Vault, clearing 10’6”
- Latin Club news, Congratulations to Natasha Chamitoff, who was unanimously re-elected Texas State Junior Classical League Treasurer at the State Board Meeting in San Antonio on Saturday!
Old News Still Pertinent/deadlines approaching:
- YEARBOOKS ARE SOLD OUT!!
If you did not order your yearbook, might get a couple surplus from the publishing company so here is a waitlist we are planning to go from (Links to an external site.). You must have your cash or check (made out to Anderson High School) for $75 on distribution day in order to secure the extra copy.
- Twilight Credit Recovery Spring Semester (Virtual)
Credit Recovery Program for students to recover credit. Classes are online. Twilight will begin Monday January 10 – May 26, Monday – Friday and selected Saturdays (TBD) from 5:30 – 7:00.
Please contact your counselor for credit recovery and Mrs. Collins/Mrs. Salas for attendance make-up.
Email Mrs. Collins at [email protected] if you have questions.
- Spring Semester Saturday school details:
Meet by the flagpoles 8a – 12p, Library
January 8, 22, 29,
February 5, 12, 19, 26,
March 5 and 26,
April 2, 9, 23, 30, and
May 7, 14 and 21
- If you think you may have NC’s due to the 90% attendance law, please come see Mrs. Salas, in the Registrar’s office on the 2nd floor. It is important that your NC’s be cleared for graduation.
We still have plenty of opportunities to make up hours…
Saturday school schedule for April below…
Saturday, April 23 & April 30th, from 8-12 in the Library.
Meet us at the flagpole in front of the school and please don’t be late, doors close at 8:10a. Bring homework & a Chromebook.
- All graduates will need a cap, gown & tassel, to if you still need to order, click on the link below and scroll to the bottom & click “continue shopping” until you reach the page that lists those items.
https://highschool.herffjones.com/secom/school/TX/ANDERSON%20HIGH%20SCHOOL/42000179000/2620/packages (Links to an external site.)
- Seniors: Save the Date:
What: Baccalaureate Ceremony
When: Saturday, May 21st, 3-5pm
Where: Westover Church, 8332 Mesa Dr, Austin, TX 78759
(across the street from Anderson High School)
- GRADUATION DATE has been finalized… mark your calendar
10 am, FRIDAY, June 3rd
Toney Burger Center, 3200 Jones Rd, Austin, TX 78745.