Announcements for Thursday, March 23rd
First time announcements are in italics.
STAAR EOC ENGLISH 1 AND ENGLISH 2 TESTS NEXT WEEK! Due to this testing, we will NOT have any verbal announcements Tuesday – Friday next week.
STUDENTS: PARKING AT THE CHURCH ACROSS THE STREET IS NOT ALLOWED! You run the risk of being towed if you insist upon parking at the church. Please get to school early and park in the student lot.
KUDOS: Varsity baseball beat Round Rock last night 6-5 in 9 innings. Walker Sigman picked up the win and Zach Blackburn had 3 RBI's. Please come out next Tuesday to Nelson field at 5 pm and support your Trojans as they open district play vs. Manor.
Congratulations to Kylie Bly who was awarded a National Gold Key for her charcoal drawing "Las Arrugas". She will be honored at Carnegie Hall in New York City this summer.
Also Congratulations to Ruby Denton who was awarded a National Silver Key for her painting "Porterfield Gap"
Student Council invites you to participate in the Caritas Food Drive from March 27 - 31. Please bring in nonperishable items to room 317.
THURSDAY: PLAYOFFS! The Anderson Boys Soccer team will play Pflugerville Hendrickson at Nelson Stadium on Thursday 3/23/17 at 7:00pm. Anderson will be the home team and wear white.
FRIDAY: It's spring time! Colors are changing. Flowers are blooming. Student Council invites you to wear tie dye on Friday, March 24.
Girls’ soccer first round playoff game will be at Round Rock Dragon stadium vs Round Rock this Friday, March 24th at 7:30pm. Come support your Lady Trojans in the state playoffs!
This week the Spirit Store will be open during lunch on Friday, March 24. The March sale is still on - so stop by, shop and say hello!
LOOKING AHEAD: If you listed Sports Medicine as an elective for next year, please come pick up an application from the Training Room. Applications are due Friday, April 7th"
ON THE CALENDAR FOR TODAY:
4:30 AHSisters Club Meeting in room1 46
4:30 Anime club meets in room 330
5:30 Philosophy club meets in room 334
4:45 Quizbowl meets in room 235
6:00 Concerto Concert in Theater
7:00 Boys’ Soccer Playoff game vs. Hendrickson @ Nelson Stadium
EOC TESTING NEXT WEEK
EOC Information – Important Information for all grade levels!
English STAAR End-Of-Course Testing:
Tuesday, March 28th: ENGLISH I
Wednesday, March 29th: ENGLISH I make-ups
Thursday, March 30st: ENGLISH II (and ENGLISH I make-ups)
Friday, March 31st: ENGLISH I & II make-ups
- On testing dates, students will report to directly their assigned test sites.
- Student rosters with test locations and room displacement charts are posted in the halls. Any student who does not see their name posted should come to room 141 to check on their room assignment.
- ALL students need to check the signs each day - even on days they are not testing - since many classes will be displaced due to testing:
- All 3rd FLOOR CLASSES will be displaced on Tuesday and Thursday
- 1st FLOOR SOUTH CLASSES (130s & 140s) will be displaced Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Students with classes in the areas listed above need to check the posted room displacement charts.
- English EOC is a five hour test.
- Students cannot be dismissed until the test is completed.
- Students will eat lunch in their test sites.
- Students are encouraged to bring a sack lunch.
- Students who do not bring a sack lunch will have an opportunity to purchase a sack lunch from the cafeteria.
- Tuesday’s sack lunch is hamburger or veggie burger and veggie dippers
- Thursday’s sack lunch is fried chicken or peanut butter/jelly sandwich and sweet potato fries
- ***LUNCHES CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO TESTING ROOMS. Students cannot have a parent/guardian, friend, etc. bring food to the office for delivery. It will not be delivered. ***
- All students who are not testing will be on a pep rally bell schedule Tuesday through Friday. That means 1st/5th period will go until 10:55am. NO HOMEROOM OR FIT TUESDAY or THURSDAY.